I dusted off the sewing machine and fixed the tension. Decided it was time to pick up some old hobbies.
Made this adorable checkbook cover from Michelle Patterns. I believe the fabric is from Carla Miller, purchased years ago.
Michelle’s patterns are great. I have probably ten or so of her earlier patterns, most can still be found at her website.
They are easy to follow and have several photos of the process for each item.
My skills seemed a bit rusty at first, but I soon found my tools and my sewing brain (had to dust those off too!)
Though I did mean to put the main print on the outside, but I went with this outcome because I fused the interfacing to the wrong piece. >_< Next one will be better.
Have to practice my whip stitch and sewing straight over the bulky parts, but all in all it turned out well.
I’m going to try to sew more often. We’ll see how it goes.